Dealble – Set Keyword Alerts on Daily Deal Sites

19 Aug

Dealble

Dealble is a little hack I put together to solve a specific problem I have having: I get way too many emails from daily deal sites like Groupon, Living Social, BuyWithMe, etc..

Opening up your inbox and discovering a coupon for something that you’ve wanted or are interested in is great, but it happens rarely. Because most of the deal sites out there use categories to target their customers, people wind up getting deals that they might not necessarily be interested in.

Because I once bought a street fighting class, that does not mean that I am interested in all types of classes.

Dealble

Dealble lets you type in words or phrases that you know you want and then alert you when deals that contain those words or phrases pop up. You can set alerts for things like “movie tickets”, “skydiving” or even “50% off”. You don’t need to constantly check your inbox and wade through all of the junk, hoping to find a gem.

Currently Dealble is using the Yipit api to aggregate the content from over 482 daily deal sites across a variety of cities. Users can set multiple keyword alerts and the system pings the Yipit database every 4 hours so you can be sure that you’ll never miss a deal’s deadline.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

9 Responses to “Dealble – Set Keyword Alerts on Daily Deal Sites”

1. Julia Sonnenschein 24. Sep, 2011 at 5:03 am #

Wow, ich bin begeistert.

2. Paul Arterburn 26. Sep, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

Can I edit the keywords after submitting? Also, if I’m looking for a specific restaurant name with two+ words do I need to put the name in quotes or will the comma separation look for the full phrase anyway?

3. Johnnyjuice 29. Sep, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Hi Paul,

Currently there is no way to edit your keywords.
    You can can just ‘follow’ another keyword and then unsubscribe from the original keyword.

Commas in our search act like an “and/or”, so I would place the restaurant name in quotes and then use commas to separate the different + words.

Hope that helps!

4. Stacia 10. Nov, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

If it’s using the Yipit API, why are certain cities (Seattle) missing? That loads fine on Yipit for me. Also, all the links at the bottom of your page don’t really link to anything. Still under construction?

5. Johnnyjuice 17. Jan, 2013 at 9:30 am #

The site currently is using the Sqoot deal API. I’ve been experimenting with different deal API’s (8coupons, yipit, sqoot) trying to find the best balances between deal coverage and quality.

Currently we’re in the process of switching onto the Yipit platform (which supports Seattle). Once we get the main functionality up & running we’ll work on filling out the content pages.

Thanks for checking it out!

6. Clyde 24. Apr, 2013 at 3:31 am #

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful information specifically the last part :
    ) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular
    information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

7. paleo diet cooking 03. Sep, 2013 at 11:53 pm #

This dish also makes a wonderful addition to any potluck as it is served at room temperature and is not
    harmed by waiting to be enjoyed. Cooking foods reduces the nutritional value of food and kills foods enzymes.

- Fruits and Desserts pairs well with: German Rieslings Wines.

8. paleo cooking 08. Oct, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

It sounds difficult, but once you do it, you’ll feel better than you thought you could.

A Paleo food list contains the most natural foods available today:
    seeds, fish, meats, fruits, eggs and vegetables. Preparing
    food guides, graphs and reference point bedding.

9. Lorrine 14. Feb, 2016 at 12:35 pm #

How do you make your blog (on Blogspot) for invited members only?